To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Beautiful, graceful and full of color, nothing quite says “spring” like sipping your morning coffee while watching over a bird feeder. If you’re a bird lover, you might want to add a new bird feeder to your garden this spring to attract more colorful creatures to your yard. But with nearly endless options available online and in stores, which bird feeder should you buy?
At Gardening Know How, we understand that you work hard for your money — and you only want to invest in products that will last. We’ve rounded up some of the best bird feeders currently available on Amazon to help you decide which option is right for you.
We used a variety of standards to find the best bird feeders. We’ve considered factors like price, value when compared to other products, longevity, brand trust, consumer reviews, and much more when searching for the best bird feeders.
#1 Nature’s Hangout Window Bird Seeder with Suction Cups and Seed Tray
Do you want to get an up-close view of the birds visiting your property this season? If you do, this model from Nature’s Hangout might be right for you. The clear acrylic body of the feeder allows you to get a closer view of your birds without binoculars. The removable tray makes this model especially easy to clean as well. Perfect for all seasons, the Nature’s Hangout Window Feeder takes the top spot in our review.
The Nature’s Hangout Window Bird Seeder currently holds an average of 5.0 out of 5.0 stars, and has 5,061 reviews.
On February 11, 2016, Karen wrote about how much the birds in her garden love this feeder:
I have had the feeder up for a couple of weeks now, and I have one female cardinal in particular that loves it! Because of the location, it does not get the bad weather or winds. This cardinal spent hours at the feeder today – not even eating! Just hanging out with me. I love this feeder!
- Clear acrylic body
- Durable design suitable for all weather conditions
- Close-up view of birds in your yard
- Easy-to-clean removable tray
- Suction cups backed by Nature’s Hangout guarantee
#2 Brome Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder
Squirrels are a common backyard pest — and they love to snatch seeds from bird feeders. The Brome Squirrel Buster is an advanced feeder with anti-squirrel technology. The feeder’s weight sensor allows lightweight birds to feast for as long as they want. As soon as a heavy squirrel climbs onto the feeder, the device closes the gate, denying the squirrel access to the seeds. The product also features a ventilation system that keeps seeds fresher, UV stabilization, and a lifetime guarantee.
The Brome Squirrel Buster Feeder currently holds an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.0 stars, and has 2,982 reviews.
On November 4, 2013, Richard N. wrote about how this feeder finally “outsmarted” the squirrels in his yard:
I believe the many squirrels that live in my backyard can read and thus know of this product. They are really smart and have outwitted or destroyed all previous birdfeeders. When I had finished loading the Brome 1057 with sunflower seeds (the birds and the squirrels favorite) about four of the little critters massed on the closest branches and studied it carefully, you could tell they were chatting excitedly in squirrel. And then they just left….for other parts of the yard…they seemed very dejected…they didn’t even try…and two month later don’t even give it a look.
The birds love it. The best designed product of its kind on the market.
- Squirrel-proof technology ensures that birds are the only ones eating your seeds
- Chew-resistant body prevents squirrel attacks
- UV stabilization keeps your feeder looking great
- Seed ventilation system prevents mold growth and keeps seeds fresh
- Backed by Brome’s lifetime guarantee
#3 Perky-Pet Copper Panorama Bird Feeder
The Perky-Pet Copper Panorama Feeder is a stylish choice for your garden or lawn. But the sleek, antique copper design doesn’t just look great — it also features a sure-lock cap that prevents falls as well. The feeder’s innovative design evenly distributes seeds and stops dispensing once the tray is full. A perfect feeder for smaller birds, this feeder is as functional as it is fashionable.
This model from Perky-Pet currently holds an average rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 stars with 4,294 reviews.
On December 30, 2017, Amazon user Miss.sunshine wrote about how well this feeder was working in her garden:
Love this feeder. Not only is it beautiful, but it is easy to fill and easily discovered by my backyard birds. I have two of these feeders in my yard and they are both frequented by a multitude of birds, including nuthatches, gold finches, house finches, black-capped chickadees, and juncos.
- Sleek, classic design
- Sure Lock cap prevents falls
- Large body holds up to 2 pounds of seeds
- 360-degree feeding perch allows birds to enjoy the food from all angles
- Circular design evenly dispenses seeds
#4 Woodlink Deluxe Cedar Bird Feeder
If you’re looking for a sturdy bird feeder for your yard, consider the Woodlink Deluxe Cedar Bird Feeder. This heavy bird feeder is made from reinforced red cedar and can hold up to five pounds of seed or seed loaf. The easy-to-fill removable top makes it simple to refill the feeder, and the side suet cages allow you to add both loaf and loose seed.
The Woodlink Deluxe Cedar Bird Feeder currently holds an average rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 stars and has 303 customer reviews.
On February 15, 2013, Andy L. wrote about how much he loves this bird feeder:
The birds love it. We have cardinals, bluejays, sparrows, finches, doves, pigeons, woodpeckers, and more that eat from it. It’s a joy to watch. I love that I can see exactly how much food is left in the feeder so I know when it’s time to refill it. Very pleased with the purchase!
- Durable body withstands weather conditions
- Large body holds up to 5 pounds of seeds
- Body made of natural reinforced red cedar
- Body holds both loose and loaf seed
- Made in the USA
#5 Urban Deco Deck-Mounted Bird Feeder/Bird Bath
The Urban Deco Duel Mounted Feeder is perfect for the garden owner who’s looking for a mixture of fashion and function. This unique bird feeder doubles as a bird bath as well, with dual trays to encourage more birds to visit your yard. If you live in an area where birds only visit for a portion of the year, you can also use your feeder to hold flower pots as well. The Urban Deco Dual Mounted Feeder offers a quick-cleanup design as well as a lifetime warranty.
The Urban Deco Duel Mounted Feeder currently holds an average rating of 4.7 stars with 24 customer reviews.
On September 17, 2019, Tiffany wrote about how much she loved the durability of the feeder:
So sturdy! I am on the 4th floor and there was a tornado in town, so a very windy night. It was still attached with the bowls in place the next day. Also, birds love it and my cat loves watching the birds!
- Sturdy dual-bowl design
- Doubles as both a feeder and a bath
- Unique design looks great in every yard
- Easy-to-clean setup
Things to Consider When Buying Bird Feeders
Ready to research feeders on your own? Be sure to consider these key features when you select a feeder.
- Anti-pest resistance — From squirrels to deer and even raccoons, you don’t want backyard pests to steal all the seed from your feeder. Look for a feeder with anti-pest design features to prevent other animals from scaring the birds away.
- Durability — If you live in an area that often receives heavy wind or rain, you’ll want to look for a feeder with a sturdy body. This will help you avoid the need to replace your feeder every season.
- Anti-mold features — If you live in a humid climate, you’ll want to choose a bird feeder with a clear body. This will prevent mold growth in your feeder, which can lead to illness in birds.
- Seed reservoir — Are you planning on placing your bird feeder in a high location? If you are, you might want to consider buying a feeder that can hold more seeds. A larger seed reservoir means that you don’t need to refill the feeder as often. If you plan to put your feeder in a more convenient location (like on your window sill) you may want to choose a smaller feeder to save space.